What is the easiest way to turn off pushpin animation?

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I have noticed that when showing a pushpin, it animates to its specified location.  I would like to turn that off - I just want it to show up.  Also, I have noticed that when adding a pushpin, it always is displayed in the top-left corner of the map prior to being animated to its location.  I have set to toTime parameter for all animations to 0, but the pin still appears below and to the right of the specified position, and then is redrawn at the specified position.  I would like to turn animation off completely, so what is the most straightforward way?

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2010 at 1:22 AM

There are two things going on here --

First, by default when the pushpin becomes visible it animates from the previous position (DisplayLatitude and DisplayLongitude). This is used primarily during clustering transitions. In the latest release there is a small bug or regression perhaps that causes this animation when a pin is first added. I'm looking at this bug now.

Second, there is a bug with how Bing Maps resolves between lat/longs and screen positions that has plagued me since the first release. This causes the pin to appear to the lower right of the actual position briefly, but on the next update it corrects itself. I'm also revisiting this issue but I'm not certain whether I can do anything about it.