Zooming with the mouse wheel does not work

Jun 8, 2009 at 7:58 PM

When I scroll the wheel, I see that VEMap.OnMouseWheel() is called and eventually PublicEventsGlobeControl.DoMouseWheel() is called. But the map never zooms in. Do I need to 'turn on' this functionality somehow?

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2009 at 8:11 PM

No, it should be on.  It those functions are being called then it is working.  Check the parameters to see if it indicates scrolling is occuring or not.

I did notice that sometimes when I scroll using a laptop touchpad it won't work but with a mouse it does.  I don't know why, it is a Windows thing because the same thing happens in other apps sometimes.

Jun 8, 2009 at 10:52 PM

What parms should I check? I assume you mean the MouseEventArgs which has some properties like X,Y,Delta,Location.

I just downloaded the latest source code - 23079 and ran the WPFVEMapSample but it still does not zoom with the mouse wheel. I am running this on a workstation with a Logitech scroll mouse. The scroll works to zoom the Bing web maps and I see the events coming into the WPF sample, but it doesn't zoom.

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Yes, check the properties of the MouseEventArgs to see if they change.  The delta property tells you how much scrolling occurs.  If the data is being passed onto the GlobeControl, then I don't know why it may not scroll for you.  Does it work on other computers? Did it ever work on your computer?

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Yes, the MouseEventArgs.Delta property does change, it changes between 120 to -120 depending on how fast I scroll the wheel. If I scroll the wheel fast, the Delta property will be around 600.

I tried this on another computer and got the same behavior. I uninstalled Bing maps on this computer and reinstalled it. My Microsoft.MapPoint.* assemblies are version 4.0.0.0

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM

That is odd.  Again, it the values are being sent to the GlobeControl, it should work.  I have no ideas for you right now but will take another look when I have time.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.