Bird's Eye functionallity

May 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Looking at the silverlight map control SDK, there is a way to show bird's eye images by just calling a function named SetBirdseyeScene.

This functinallity currently don't exists in the InfoStrat.Ve mapcontrol. Are there any plans to add such functionallity?

As far as I can tell the InfoStrat control is based on the same assemblies that the silverlight control is based on. The question is, does the silverlight control implements the bird's eye functionallity, by using these base assemblies or is it an implementation in the silverlight control that queries the imageryservice. If it's the first one birds eye functinallity might be possible, if its the second one it might be harder to do.

Otherwise I might just get the imagedata manually from the imageryservice.

Coordinator
May 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

The Silverlight map control uses the deep zoom technology and grabs tiles from the VE tileservers directly.  It is inherently 2-D only.

InfoStrat.VE uses the Virtual Earth 3D control (i.e. the stuff that http://maps.live.com makes you install when you click 3D for the first time.)  It is 3-D only.  The Silverlight map control doesn't require an install and doesn't use these assemblies.

There are no plans for adding or using birds-eye imagery to InfoStrat.VE.