How to reset all contacts on globe

May 8, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Sometimes it looks like the contact keep hanging, so the globe keeps turning or doing some other movements.

THe only thing to do is them restarting the application, because the globe keeps doing one movement.

Is there someway to reset movements on the globe, or to stop manipulation events for a while ?

May 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM
Edited May 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Hi, I'm posting just to report that I have the same issue. The globe keeps rotating or zooming once in a while and there is no remedy other than restart the 

application (not quite a practical solution from the customer point of view obviously). So I'm also in the queue of those in the need of a solution to this problem.

Coordinator
May 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Are you guys talking about the Surface or WPF version?  I assume Surface based upon the wording of your question.  Is this occurring on the Surface device or the simulator, or both?

There is inertia on the pan and zoom movements (just like the regular browser version) so if you fling or zoom very quickly the control will start with a lot of inertia. 

If you want to change the inertia constants for your own tastes, they are defined in SurfaceVEMap.cs in the manipulationProcessor_Affine2DManipulationCompleted function.

There's no method to reset movement, but you should be able to just touch the globe and it will stop.

May 13, 2009 at 7:56 AM

I was talking about Surface (2 different Surface tables) and the Simulator.

The strange thing is when the globe is hanging in some movement (and just keep doing that) you can stop 
the hanging movement with touching the screen. BUT it goos on with the samemovement that was hanging
when you leave the screen.

So it looks like a movement/contact/gesture is hanging in the background of the globe.

Coordinator
May 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM

I don't know.  I haven't experienced this behavior.

Does this occur for you with the sample applications as well?  If so, record a simulator script where it occurs and send that script to me.

May 13, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I will try to simulate it and record it beginning next week.