Can't delete Geometry layers perminate

May 7, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Edited May 7, 2009 at 12:58 PM
I can't delete geometry layers i added earlier.

When i delete a layer at the following way, the layers keep appering after a litle time:
map.GlobeControl.Host.Geometry.ClearLayer("TrafficTimesLayer");
map.|GlobeControl.Host.Geometry.RemoveLayer(
"TrafficTimesLayer");

Any ideas to delete layer perminatly?

PS: i add layers to draw PolyLineGeometry lines for draw traffi info on roads.
Coordinator
May 7, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Those should work. Are you sure your code isn't adding the layers back by accident in another thread or elsewhere in the code?

May 7, 2009 at 1:33 PM
I am very sure, i even try to delete the every pinpoint action (just to be save). But they always return.
Coordinator
May 7, 2009 at 1:36 PM
Since you seem to be calling the VE3D api directly, all I can do is refer you to the VE3D documentation in case you aren't already using it:
http://blogs.msdn.com/virtualearth3d/archive/2009/01/25/documentation.aspx

(I'll be gone until Monday evening so I can't help until then.)

Good luck!
May 7, 2009 at 1:38 PM
OK, i will do that.

Tnx
May 8, 2009 at 7:18 AM

I was thinking that maybe your VE project holds some layers and puts it back again. Because when you maken Pinpoints invisible they reapeer after a litle time to.

Isnt there any method in you VE project to reset the globe?

Coordinator
May 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM

No, my control doesn't do anything with layers at all.  It does have a few functions to add and clear layers, but they just call the same thing you were calling above.

There is a ClearGlobe function that calls

this.globeControl.Host.Geometry.Clear();

The pushpins are handled separately outside of the VE api.  They disappear and reappear when they go behind the globe and come back, but I didn't consider someone making a pushpin hidden manually.

May 13, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Josh, thanks for the reply and i passed it on to the VirtualEarth forum.

But i noticed that your SurfaceVEPushPins sometimes appear on placed they dont need to be.

Like it placed points on the UK, and when i look zoomed in on Finland the UK suddenly appear when i reach the MaxAltitude of some pinpoints.

After some research i noticed that some pushpins with MaxAltitude (child pushpins) apear on screen when the MaxAltitude is reach.
No problem, exactly what i need. But they apear frequently to at other places, like a total different country. (not on the other side of the globe.
(Like the UK and Finland).

So i think there is going something wrong with rendering the PushPins triggert by Max and MinAltitude.

Coordinator
May 13, 2009 at 1:55 PM

When the UK pushpins appear in Finland, do they correct themselves to the UK after a short time?

This is an issue I've experienced with how VE processes latitudes and longitudes.  Occassionally a pushpins will be offset but will correct themselves after a second.  I don't know why, but it is coming from Virtual Earth.

May 13, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Most time they dont correct themselves, and stay on the wrong place.