CS 23079: Intermediate upload 2, better pushpin performance

Coordinator
May 1, 2009 at 4:02 PM
I have uploaded another changeset.  This really is more like a "release candidate" for InfoStrat.VE Release 1.1.  I've been working with it for about a week and have not seen any major issues. 

I've also implemented a new method (internally) for pushpin tracking that according to my tests is 4-5 times faster than the previous one.  This means that the control will handle 4-5 times as many pushpins as before without slowing down.  I don't have a specific number and there isn't any hard limit.  It depends upon your hardware and other things going on in your application.  To give you an idea, on my Surface device 500 pushpins on screen at once is too many, but 50 on screen at once works fine.  If you have more than 50 you should be doing clustering anyway. 

Any of you who were having problems with the last source code upload please test this one out and let me know if you have issues.  Make sure you test the sample apps as well.
May 20, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Hi Josh,

I'm using the last code changes and I'm experiencing a weird behavior. I don't know if it's related to the last code changes but I'm almost sure it was working with the last published release. I have a central pushpin and then several pushpins around it. The central pushpin works fine but all the others change their position when I move the map.

The only difference between the central pushpin and the others is related to the fact that they have a parent pushpin and a maximum altitude, but I tried to remove this properties and had the same behavior.

Any idea?

May 20, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Sorry, it was my fault. All the pushpins but the central one had an altitude set to 2000 and that caused the issue. Setting the altitude to 0 solved the problem. I'm wondering anyway how to use this property because I'm not sure the real altitude of my pushpins (but definetly not 0). If I have a pusphin located on top of a mountain, at 2000 ft, setting this altitude will cause the pushpin to move with the map instead of being fixed?

Coordinator
May 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Altitudes specified are the altitude above ground, rather than altitude above sea level.  You should be able to leave the altitude to the default of 0 and all your pushpins will show up.