Offline rendering

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Edited Sep 20, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Howdy - I need to use the map on a system that will never hit the internet, and I've followed the "unchaining" process from here .

Using the example WinForms app from the link above, moving my Tile Cache folder to the system with tiles works great. I'm defining great by seeing the cached tiles on the map and being able to render a push pin.  What isn't great is that when I introduce Infostrat.VE to the mix, I can't render anything to the screen. I'm using the DataBindingSample

I've traced the problem down to the LocationChanged method of RegisteredPosition (an ILocationListener) never being called. I can even get things to render if I modify LatLongToPointInternal to ignore invalid registered positions.

This, of course, introduces another problem: one where invalid locations (for pushpins in this case) still render to the map. I could solve this by enforcing bounds to all location objects (LatLonAlt, LatLon , VELatLong, etc...) but would rather try to figure out why LocationChanged is never being called on this offline system.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Hi Banana.
I am trying to get access to the VE3D_Unchained.zip sample, but the link in the MS Article is broken.
Do you already have that sample code to work with Bing Maps 3D globe offline?
Could you send me, please?
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Gabriel,

I just checked the link for the unchained code and it does appear to be working fine:
http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-01-00-89/6622.VE3D_5F00_Unchained.zip