Custom Search in VE Map

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Edited Mar 18, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Is there any way to customize the search for location in Virtual Earth

i.e can we customize the Map to display specific locations.

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM

If you're just asking how to go to a specific position, you just need to LatLong and Altitude properties of the map.

If you want to convert an address to latitude/longitude or do a generic search, then you'll need to use the Bing Maps Web Services:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc981067.aspx

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Thanks for your reply.

That is the web service i m using actually but my intention is to display only some of the locations and hide some of the locations.

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 5:55 PM

If you are databinding the map to a collection of objects then you just need to filter the results from the web service before adding to your data bound collection. Another approach would be to bind the VEPushPin.PinVisible property to a value that determines whether you want to show the pin. See the DataBindingSample for an example of this.

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I use the geocoding service of bing maps to get some locations. The location result of this service has a property "BestView" with the boundary in latlon.

How can I fly to these locations? The FlyTo() only needs the latlon of the location and the altiude. Can I calculate the altitude?