Thanks for the clarification.
In order to do what you want, I would recommend the following:
* Add a DependencyProperty called ImageURI which is of type URI to CustomPushPin.cs
* Modify CustomPushPin.xaml to display an Image and bind the Source to the ImageURI DP you added
* Modify GetAnchorOffset() as necessary in CustomPushPin.cs so the center of the pushpin is where you want it.
This gives you a PushPin that will use an image instead of the provided PushPin graphics.
Now you can use the example in DataBindingSample for setting up binding from the map to a collection of business objects:
* Modify the business object to contain a URI property and then initialize the collection with data from your database.
* Modify one of the DataTemplates to use your new pushpin and bind the ImageURI property to the property name from your business object.
* Remove the template selector and ItemTemplateSelector property from the map and reference your new DataTemplate.
That should get you started in the right direction. If you have trouble with syntax for binding, there are a lot of WPF data binding tutorials out there. All of that applies to InfoStrat.VE as well.