I have the latest Bing Maps WPF build (built from source so I could retarget it for .NET 4).
In my SketchFlow application, the map works fine the first time I load a particular screen; however, if I leave that screen and return to it later, the map refuses to initialize. I don't see any specific exceptions getting thrown, but I may be missing
The reproduction steps are as follows:
- In Blend 4, create a WPF SketchFlow application.
- Add a reference to the InfoStrat.VE dll file
- Open in visual studio and add an app.config file with the lines that enable the legacy runtime activation policy (see other threads for this)
- Insert a VEMap onto the first screen shown.
- In SketchFlow Map, right click on the first screen and choose "Create a connected screen."
- On that screen, add a text block like "Hi there" (something to show that you're on that screen).
- Run the application. The VEMap should appear normally.
- In the Sketchflow Player navigation pane, choose the second screen, then click the "home" button to return to the first screen.
The map no longer appears.
Aug 25, 2010 at 9:25 PM
I'll take a look at this. It is most likely due to the fact that Bing Maps 3D doesn't like being unloaded and reloaded and it only supports one instance per AppDomain. There are probably some things I can change so it will reload in this scenario.