Touch manipulation difficult with ShowBuildings turned on

Jul 29, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM
I am using the Windows7 Touch version of the bing maps3d and noticed that with the ShowBuildings property set to True (either by default or exlicitly), when I zoom in close enough on a part of the map where the 3d buildings start to show (e.g. Chicago), the camera will start to make sudden jumps from one location to another even though I pan over the map ever so slightly using my finger. This is really annoying because it doesn't allow me to zoom to the location that I want. It's as if it's playing hide-and-go seek with me. I'll be looking at one part of the map and next moment I'll be a good mile or two away (depending on how close I am zoomed in)?

This seems to only happen while using touch. If I use the mouse, it works fine. Also, if I set the ShowBuildings property to false, the issue goes away as well. Since this behavior is present in the sample application, I am assuming this is isn't an issue with my code. Has anyone else caught this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks,
Ilya
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Ilya,

I tested this and see the behavior you are talking about. I'll try to figure out why it is happening when I get a chance.

Thanks,

Josh

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.