Update Map

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Hi All,

Is it possible to use a Map better renderized? I am working in Majorca, Spain, and the map view is quite bad. I've been searching information about and I've found nothing. The map that is used in the page www.bing.com/maps is quite well renderized.

Is the project pointing at this map? If it's not (wich is what I think) how can I change the project to point at this map?

Thanks in advanced,

Pau

Coordinator
Jul 5, 2010 at 6:12 PM
Pau, It is not possible to change the map engine. The control uses the same data source as the web-based Bing Maps. I just checked Majorca, Spain with both www.bing.com/maps and InfoStrat.VE. To me they have the same quality. In hybrid or aerial mode, below a certain zoom level (about 10,000 feet) the map starts getting pixelized in both. In road mode, the quality is good down to the road level. If you have other WMS data sources it is possible to overlay them on the map. I believe there are other threads discussing how to do this if you search. Josh
Jul 9, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Hi Joshb,

Thanks a lot for answering. It’s a pitty that you could not change the map engine. It would be greatful to use the new bird’s eye that is provided in bing maps, cause this view it’s quite perfect in Majorca.

Another curios think I’ve realized, is that in road mode the quality, wich is quite good, is better when I’m developing my app (in administration mode in the Microsoft Surface) than when I register in the Surface Shell (user mode). It’s very strange, but It’s true. I can’t see well the urbanization where we are working in the Surface Shell while when I’m debugging the application in administration mode the view is correct.

Thanks again,

Pau

MICTT
Microsoft Innovation Center, Tourism Technologies
Parc Bit. C/ Blaise Pascal. Edifici Europa, 2ª pl.
Tel: +34 971 010 995 Fax: +34 971 439 731

info@mictt.com www.mictt.com
www.travellingtowardsnewexperiences.com