Start writing WPF applications

Jun 24, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Hi JoshB,

First of all thanks a lot for putting this up. I've been thinking of writing some Map application on WPF (I'm just starting to learn both) and looks like this is exactly what I need. I was quite confused with Silverlight/SOAP/AJAX things working with Bing Map 3D, but after considering the fact that I want to have a desktop application combining Bing Map 3D with WPF seems to be the way to go.

My apologies for asking this seemingly dumb question, but is there any API/Documentation that I can refer to when I'm writing my application using your control? From the Getting Started page all I got was how to import that .dll as Reference, and have the tag <ve:VEMap /> in the xaml. I would like to make better use of the contorls enabled, but I can't even find what attributes can I have within the tag, and function calls that I can use in the code-behind files...

Am I missing something here?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Victor

p.s. I'm using Windows 7, VS2008. It works out fine but when I tried that in VS2010 with .NET framework 4 it gives a runtime xamlParseException error. For those of you having trouble with running the samples, try switching the solution property to .NET framework 3.5.

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2010 at 5:58 PM
Victor, All the available information available is on this CodePlex site. There isn't any specific documentation but between the searching discussion forums and looking at the sample code projects, you should be able to get started. If you can't figure something out that hasn't been addressed in another thread, feel free to post you question and I or another forum member will try to help you out. You should be able to explore the properties of VEMap using intellisense or else browsing the source code if you want to learn how it works. This thread may help with your .NET 4 issue: http://bingmapswpf.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=212194 Thanks, Josh