Tag visualization to control map location

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:22 AM

Has anyone tried using a tag visualization to control the position of the Bing map on  a Mirosoft Surface table?  I'm trying to make a tag make the globe go to a specific location but i can't seem to get it to work.  Any ideas?

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Hello,

Did you succeed to do it ?

I am looking for the same thing

Thnaks for feedback

regards

serge

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Prazanjj I apologize for missing your question until now.

In principle this should be easy. If you want it to take action when you place the tag, then all you really need to do is in the ContactDown event handler, check the tag value of the contact and if it is the right one, do map.FlyTo().

Another way would be to use the TagVisualizer. See the Surface shopping cart sample application for an example of how to use that. In the control the tag visualizer displays, you could have a SurfaceButton and then when that is pressed, call map.FlyTo().

Jun 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Hello Josh,

I have the feeling that prazanjj is not whishinh to go to a particular position on the map when a tag is identified but instead I guess he means embeded the globe inside a Tag Visualization and be able to position it on the Surface based on the tag position.

May be I am wrong but I have the feeling he means this

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2010 at 6:30 PM
sergecalderara wrote:

Hello Josh,

I have the feeling that prazanjj is not whishinh to go to a particular position on the map when a tag is identified but instead I guess he means embeded the globe inside a Tag Visualization and be able to position it on the Surface based on the tag position.

May be I am wrong but I have the feeling he means this

If that is the case then just put the control inside the XAML control that tag visualizer is configured to show.