Win7TouchVEMap inside Touchpack.SurfaceWindow

Apr 22, 2010 at 11:57 AM
Edited Apr 22, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Hallo

I have a Surface app with the VEMap and like to make use of it with the Win7 Touch Pack. I was able to replace the Surface DLL's with the DLL's of the touchpack. The only thing I needed to do was updating all the namespaces and the thing compiles and runs.

Then changed everything to the Win7TouchVEMap control but found out that it will not work inside the SurfaceWindow of the Touchpack. When I use a normal WPF Window the map works but the other controls like the Touchpacks ScatterView will not.

Anyone else tried this with the touchpack and can give some insight?

EDIT: Solution

Ok, i feel kinda dumb right now. It's actually pretty easy if you want to use the touchpack. Just do the same to the SurfaceVEMap that you did to you surface application (changing namespaces and DLL's to touchpack). Make sure to use the SurfaceVEMap as base for this, not the win7 map.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:09 AM

What do you mean? You used the Microsoft.Surface.TouchApps.Globe.Controls.MapControl.dll? Can you write up what you did and what the result was?

I'm trying to get the InfoStrat control working like that Surface Globe application does, but so far I'm not having any luck. I've started "reversing" the Surface Globe application because I like the way it works (pan, zoom, pivot and tilt work great). The only problem with that application is that I can't add 3D geometry or custom map tiles (like I can in InfoStrat).

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:32 AM
Edited Apr 30, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I did not used the MapControl from the touchpack.

I took the Infostrat SurfaceVEMap control source and replaced any surface dll with the corresponding touchpack's dll's. Apart from the Touchpack in the dll names, they are named identically. Should be 4 assemblies to change. Then just adjust the surface namespaces to the touchpack namespaces (they are also named identically apart from the Touchpack namespace).

If thats done you can compile it without problems and use it in your surface application (also use the touchpack dll's).

Another interessting thing I found: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=801907a7-b2dd-4e63-9ff3-8a2e63932a74
Haven't tried it yet, but should also contain the same controls as the surface assemblies.

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Edited Apr 30, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Did the pivot work? That's the one thing I can't get to work in Multi-Touch...the pivot (or rotate) doesn't work.

Did you compile it in VS2010 or VS2008?